Sunday, October 5, 2008

Duplicates Bag

Sorry I have been so neglectful, dear reader, but it has been a busy busy summer!

Here's a tip that works whether you are a frequent or infrequent traveler: have a duplicate set of toiletries in approved carry on sizes pre-packed (in their travel case) so you can just toss the case into your bag and go.

I'm talking full on duplicates:
  • Shampoo and conditioner
  • Deodorant
  • Facial cleaners, lotions, etc.
  • Hairbrush, comb
  • Toothbrush
  • Toothpaste, mouthwash
  • Gel, hairspray, etc. - whatever hair products you use
  • Q-tips
  • Razor
  • Any other misc toiletries you use

This saves valuable time when you are packing. Just make sure to restock it when you are done with your trip so it is ready to go for the next trip. I even have a great travel curling iron that I got from Travel Smith (www.travelsmith.com) that is actually a curling iron and a flat iron (just flip a switch to change back and forth) and it stays in my bag - so I don't have to worry about remembering the one from home, and I never worry about damaging my regular stuff.

I will tell you that forgetting to restock (or letting your husband borrow something out of your bag for his trip, which will not get replaced into your bag, fyi) will be a huge regret. So remember to restock it!

Safe travels!

No comments: